Monday, July 28, 2008

Migraines...huh...that's new

So a few weeks ago I started getting migraines. At first they would just be at the end of the day and I would go to bed and wake up fine. Then, a couple weeks ago I got the migraine Sunday night and when I woke up the next day it was still there. I went to work anyway, hoping it would go away, but I ended up going home in the middle of the day. I had to call in sick the next day because the migraine was still there. For the next couple days I was down for the count. I went to the doctor and she did a full work up on me (mostly just blood work and EKG) and sent me in for an MRI (yay for insurance!). The blood work, EKG and MRI were normal. So far, since my last migraine, I have been okay. I am keeping the migraines at bay with aspirin, Benadryl, and coffee. The doctor gave me a pill to try and it actually made the migraine worse. That was the first time in my life where I could say my pain level was a 15 on a scale of 0-10. Special.

No comments: