Friday, July 4, 2008

A new nurse!

I took the NCLEX-RN June 17....and....PASSED! God was very good to me that day. I wasn't nervous until the test cut me off after 75 questions and then was sure I had failed. Not sure why, but I went straight to the christian bookstore after that. I had never been there before, but I ended up there. I was reminded (in the "way to expensive to buy for just a verse hanging on the wall decoration" section) to trust God. Specific verses that caught my attention were: Psalm 37, Psalm 46:10, and the last section of Col 3. Psalm 37 says over and over again "don't fret, don't fret, don't fret." Psalm 46:10 reminded me to just be STILL and trust God. The section in Col 3 was talking specifically to servants, encouraging them to dedicate all that they do to God and work for the glory of God. At the point that I read that chapter I realized that as a nurse I am a servant. I dedicated my service as a nurse to God. Everyday, as I place my hand on the doorknob before leaving for work, I pray for God's glory. I pray that I will actually be a conduit for God's glory.

Now I am in orientation. I did two weeks in the nursery, learning how to transition babies directly after birth. I was shaking with my first baby. That was the first time I had ever done nursing care all by myself. It took me awhile to get used to writing RN after my name too. Now I have to stop myself from writing it when I sign credit card slips, checks, etc. Now I am in the second to last week of postpartum (new moms and babies). So far I am really enjoying being a nurse. There is more responsibility, but for the most part it is really fun.

1 comment:

DellaRose said...

yeah! so excited for you to like what you do and I know that you can/will do it well!