Wednesday, April 30, 2008

God's little reminders...

So Monday I had my last test for my Lab class. I got a 74. Not so great. It's fine because I did so well on the other tests and assignments that I still have an "A" in the class, but it made me a bit nervous for the theory test the next day. After the test I went to the gym and did some water aerobics (which are freakin awesome by the way. I get a good workout and my joints don't feel as if they will fall off my body!). The whole time I was freaking out about Tuesday's test and some scheduling things at work and the tests for next week and, oh, while we're at it, the NCLEX-RN coming up! On my way out the door I passed the workout room and saw a woman wearing a t-shirt saying, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philipians 4:13." Who says God doesn't still speak to us?



By the way, I guess God has decided to make that my life verse. I didn't even think about it until just now. When Matt started working at the church one of the choir members gave me a little wall plaque with that verse on it. On the "Praise moves" DVD I do (Yoga, but not really, for Christians) the first verse that is focused on is the Philipians verse.



Anyway, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I get so stubborn thinking I can do anything I set my mind on that I forget to remember that I do nothing by my own strength, but by God's. I CAN finish nursing school next week through Christ who strengthens me and I CAN pass the NCLEX through Christ who strengthens me and I CAN be the best nurse possible for God's glory through Christ who strengthens me.

2 comments:

Becky Frame said...

This is so great!!! Thank you for sharing this. It ministers to me.

I'm interested in your praise moves DVD. Can you tell me more about it? (Is it on Amazon, for example?)

DellaRose said...

I love that God can be so specific and clear to us even when others even around us, may never put these "coincidences" together :)

I just reminds me how intimately He knows and is involved with each one of us.