Sunday, May 11, 2008

FREEEEEDOOOOOOOMM

So Wednesday I was taking practice tests for my exit exam and freaking out pretty bad because I kept scoring 60's on them. Finally, about ten minutes before the exam I finished my last practice test and scored yet another 63. At this point I had reached panic mode. I looked up from my computer and two of the Christian students from my class came up and asked if I would pray with them. Hmm...let me think...YES!!!!!!! We prayed for clear minds and calm spirits and most of all for God's glory. The next few minutes before the test I spent texting as many people as I could to ask them to pray. Let me just say to all those who prayed - thanks sooo much. All through the test I felt calm and every time I would begin to freak out I would stop and remember that God was with me and I just needed to take one question at a time. It worked and God was definitely glorified. I got a 992 which equals in normal people terms out to a 91.79%. I scored in the 88.22 percentile in the nation. Whew! When the score came up on the screen I thought it must be upside down. I did not feel that confident with my test. I guess I did okay though! So. It is done. I am finished with nursing school.

Let's try that again.

I AM FINISHED WITH NURSING SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My pinning was Friday. There I found out that I was one out of only 34 people who passed out of both day and evening classes. 70% of my class failed the exit exam! Woah. I guess it makes sense though because when we had our review class very few people paid attention. I sat up front for the last two classes because I had a hard time hearing the teacher through all the chatter despite the fact that she was using a microphone. Anyway.

As I said, my pinning was Friday. Later that evening we had a party at my sister's house and I burned my clinical uniforms. Holy cow! I am so glad I never caught fire while wearing those. I would have gone up in flames faster than you can say "I love my lips!" Ah, polyester, such a quality material! The burning was glorious and all I could every hope for! Now I can say for sure that I shall never wear those horrid outfits again! My mom got a pic of me burning them. Perhaps I might be able to get a copy of it when we figure out how her camera works.

Now what? you might be asking. Well now I have to wait until after the 17th to be proclaimed GN (graduate nurse) and be allowed to take my licensure exam (NCLEX-RN). I have to get that done before June 23 because that is my first day of orientation in my unit where I have been hired as a staff nurse.

And between all that I will be cleaning my house. Apparently I have been in a fog the last few weeks because I walked out of my bedroom Thursday morning and saw that apparently there had been a Tornado in my living room. My mom came over later that morning and I asked her if it seemed messier to her than last week. She said that everything was in the exact same place it had been the week before. Wow. Talk about living in a fog. Well the fog has lifted and I am going straight to work on my nasty house on Tuesday (gotta work Sat, Sun, and Mon).

Did I mention...

NURSING SCHOOL IS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

DellaRose said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
CELEBRATE, you deserve it!!!!

DellaRose said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
CELEBRATE, you deserve it!!!!

Kiert said...

YAY, Katherine!!! Congrats :)

BTW, I love the Dave-Ramsey-esque post title :) I can just hear it :)