Sunday, May 11, 2008

In other news....

Thursday, my mom and I went to her house so she could change before going to my niece's band concert. When we got there I heard a yowling sound. While she changed I went around the side of the house to investigate. Her cat, Charley, had fallen off the fence and somehow gotten his hind leg wedged between the slats in the fence. I reached in and held his body up and yelled for mom. She finally came out and came to help. When she touched his foot he screamed (no kidding, he really screamed) and went to town on my left hand. Ah, what a gesture of thanks. I grabbed his scruff as soon as I could, but not soon enough. I will have some cool scars for sure! As soon as we got him free from the fence he wrapped himself around my right arm so I have some fun marks there as well. We put him down (after prying his claws out of my flesh) and hurried to the bathroom to assess my wounds. Pretty. Puncture wounds and bruises. On mom's insistence we went to the nearest urgent care, but they were closed so we had to drive all the way down to Sugarland. The fang did not break off and no bones were broken and my bones are very healthy (at least in my left hand). When I told Matt about my healthy bones he said, "They better be after all that milk you drink!" I am now on doxycyclene and am supposed to keep it clean and dry. There has been some swelling, but only over the wounds so that is good. No infection. When people ask me about the scars I will tell them that I was in Vietnam!

Charley is fine. He has no limp and other than being a little skittish about going outside shows not signs of the event.

1 comment:

DellaRose said...

SWeet...vietnam huh? :)