Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Meet Nurse Elley


As promised, Matto took me to Build-a-Bear last Wednesday! There I found this wonderful Elephant and dressed her up in scrubs and got her some medical equipment. Notice the stethescope around her neck, the syringe in her hand and the thermometer "grasped" in her trunk. It is very handy for Nurse Elley (that is her name by the way) to have that extra appendage because nurses are always in need of some extra hands. Note her booties. She is all ready for a leaky patient!
In other news on the nursing front: Please be in prayer for me. Apparently I am not allowed to work as a Professional Student Nurse (PSN) after I am declared a Graduate Nurse (GN) by the Texas Board of Nursing (TBON). Unfortunately, as I have not been hired as a GN, but as an RN (Registered Nurse) I cannot work as a nurse in my unit until after I have passed the licensure exam. I cannot take the licensure exam until I am declared GN. All this to say, there will be a big gap between working as a PSN and working as an RN. At least one paycheck will be lost if not more. Please pray that the transition will go smoothly and that God will provide money for us to live and that we will use the money for His glory.

1 comment:

DellaRose said...

praying...

oh and cute build a elephant!