Friday, August 24, 2007

Florida!

So I just got back from visiting my brother in Florida! Good times. I went with my mom. We stayed in a hotel. We went swimming in the beautifully shaded swimming pool. We worked out in the scantily stocked workout room. I walked out on the hotel's dock (which looks out over the bay) and got a sunburn. We went to the beach with my brother and watched him surf and watched my nephew try to surf (mostly just using the board as a floatie) and I went in for awhile. We went for dinner at the restaurant my sister-in-law manages. Picked up my nephew and went home. Definitely fun. Although it doesn't look as fun on the computer screen as it was in real life. Ah, well.

Matto went to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfel. The park itself was fun, but the bus' AC went out half way there and on the way back one of their tires blew out so that was no good, but he definitely said the park was fun. Good times.

So that was my first vacation since last summer and my last vacation till this December. Now I go into MedSurg. I am told that this will not be as difficult as Pedi, but I want to get my GPA up 3/10 of a point so that I can qualify for Phi Theta Kappa so I need to abandon the whole complacent attitude thing and get to work. Please pray for me as I jump back in on Monday.

1 comment:

Titus Gee said...

Did shred any serious surf?

C'mon you can do it!