Friday, August 10, 2007

It happens everytime!

Everytime I start thinking pretty well of myself God takes me down a notch. When I was in college the first time, everytime I started feeling proud and cocky about my singing something would happen to me. I would get up in a performance and really blow it or I would lose my voice. However, whenever I would truly seek God's will and glory I would do well and all my training and technique would be spot on.
This time I was cocky about my grades so God brought me down. I did okay on my theory final and I am going to get a "B" in that class, just as I thought I was. All semester, however, I have been thinking about how great I am in clinical and what a great student I am and how I am definitely going to get an "A" in that class - it was in the bag! I didn't put any effort into my second careplan because I thought, "I don't need to work at this. I've got it!" When I ended up with an 80% on that careplan it didn't bother me because I already had a bunch of "A's" in my other assignments. It was with this attitude that I approached my medication final. I got a...yes, I am not comfortable admitting this...60.7% on the med final. OUCH! Oy veh. Can you hear the inevitable shunk! of my ego being brought down several notches right there? So much for that "easy A." Ah, yes, life lesson after life lesson. Mercifully, God still has my GPA in mind for when I am not such an egotistical pig and He saw fit to allow me an 87% in the class so I pass with "B's" in both classes.

A prayer y'all can pray with me:

God, help me be on my toes about my complacency. Help me to remember that nursing school is for your glory, not mine. Me becoming a nurse is to be used for your work, not my ego. In all that you lead me in; being a wife, being a mom someday, being a nurse, singing, leading children in singing; help me to do it for your glory, not my own. That is the reason I do all these things. That is the reason I am here. For YOU, God. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you are great.

Matto and Kafrum said...

I'm smiling! :)